Softies for mah homies

Sorry for that (lame) title!

Some of the first softies I made were adapted from this wonderful free Wee Bunny pattern from Wee Wonderfuls, and they were gifts for or requests from friends. Since those friends like cats (and dogs) more than bunnies, I decided to adapt the pattern — which was easy, since all I did was change the shapes of the ears and tails.

I’ve made several over the course of the past year. I think they turned out great, if not entirely perfect (due to my lack of skill). I actually developed callouses on my fingers from hand sewing these, because some of the felt materials I used were quite stiff and tough to sew through by hand. I broke several needles, even (where to buy tough ass hand sewing needles, I wonder?).  But I did have fun making these, and I loved how my friends appreciated my efforts.

The first kitties I made from the Wee Bunny pattern. I simply changed the shape of the ears and embellished them with other details. I used button nips for eyes, and embroidered the other details on the faces. The whiskers and tails are made from felt.

The first kitties I made from the Wee Bunny pattern. I simply changed the shape of the ears and embellished them with other details. I used button nips for eyes, and embroidered the other details on the faces. The whiskers and tails are made from felt.

Continue reading

Flash procrastination project

Procrastination takes a bit of a backseat, as real world issues have been hampering some of my procrastination tendencies of late. I suppose that should be a good thing, since it means I’m doing what I should be doing instead of procrastinating.

I did, however, manage a “flash” procrastination project two weeks ago, at the behest of my cousin’s 3-year-old daughter: A new dress for Nutmeg (by the way, Nutmeg barely survived the encounter with the said little girl). I finished it in one night.

Finally made Nutmeg a new dress! With matching headband and sandals.

Continue reading